Peshawar’s Historic Places, Peshawar is the capital of the Pakistani territory of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa and its biggest city. It is the sixth-largest in Pakistan. Peshawar is additionally the biggest Pashtun-majority city in Pakistan. Arranged within the wide Valley of Peshawar close to the eastern conclusion of the noteworthy Khyber Pass, near to the border with Afghanistan, Peshawar’s recorded history dates to at slightest 539 BCE, making it the most seasoned city in Pakistan and one of the most seasoned cities in South Asia.
Historic Places In Peshawar:
Peshawar’s Historic Places: Masjid Mahabat Khan :
The Mosque was built in 1630. Its open patio has an ablution pool within the center and a single row of rooms around the sides. The prayer hall involves the west side flanked by two tall minarets. Concurring to the turn-of-the-century Gazetteer for Pakhtunkhwa, the minarets were regularly utilized in Sikh times ‘as a substitute for the gallows’. The insides of the supplication lobby are shielded underneath three moo fluted arches and are luxuriously and colorfully painted with botanical and geometric designs.
The fort stands on a high hill within the northwestern corner of Peshawar City. Not long back, the fort utilized to be obviously absent from the ancient city of Peshawar, but presently the development of unused buildings has secured space between the ancient city and the post. Be that as it may, the fort’s position on a tall hill gives a commanding and all-encompassing view of Peshawar and the complete Peshawar valley. On a clear day, one can see the mountains encompassing Peshawar valley and beyond.
The Peshawar Museum is one of the foremost prevalent galleries in Southeast Asia particularly for its Buddhist figures from the Gandhara Period. It was established in 1907. Its ruddy bricks building comprise an open lobby, for side exhibitions two on the ground and two on the upper story. The most lobby and three displays are saved for the show of Ghundjara Figures, earthenware figurines, lithic engravings, can, plate, family objects, etc. able to see the colossal standing Buddha and a large number of Buddha head in different sizes both in stone and stucco are on display.
Colonel Hastings Dedication (built around 1884-92 in recognition of the primary British Commissioner of Peshawar, Lieutenant Colonel Edward George Godolphin Hastings) was the ancient title for “Chowk Yadgaar”. Unique Chowk Yadgaar unmistakable in this photo was decimated and horseshoe formed Chowk Yadgaar was built. Afterward on that as well was pulverized and display day revolting garbage of concrete was built at its place.
Black to HomePage, Click here.
Article related to “Peshawar’s Historic Places”, Click Here.